BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems to backup linux network computer

2009-12-03 12:41:33
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems to backup linux network computer
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 11:39:28 -0600
Jose Torres wrote:
> I followed this KBA for ubuntu/backuppc installation and configuration:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BackupPC
>
> The default config.pl tar command does not include the network computer
> either. The KBA suggested change takes care of the sudo mode of Ubuntu root
> required commands, does not change much.
>
> So should I conclude that I must use rsync mode instead of tar mode to do
> network backups?

No, tar would work remotely, although rsync has advantages.  But sudo is
not a network command and is not going to run anything remotely.
Whatever instructions you are following must be limited to the local
machine and should only appear in that machine's configuration (whether
you are editing the .pl file directly or using the web interface).