BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc

2009-04-28 18:04:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 23:58:48 +0200
Hi,

Matthias Meyer wrote on 2009-04-28 20:52:55 +0200 [Re: [BackupPC-users]
backuppc]:
> [...]

actually, you're right. There are some things evident from the log file
extract even without understanding the question.

> soume86 wrote:
> > [...]
> > Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\192.168.1.100\\C\$ -U  -E -N -d 1 -c
> > tarmode\ full -Tc -

[please take care to preserve line wraps when quoting from log files]

actually, I doubt "192.168.1.100" is a valid netbios name - probably not one
that is in use anyway. I suppose you need to use *the name* of the machine,
not the IP address.

Aside from that, the "-U" option of smbclient expects a user name argument
("-E" in this case, which is not what is intended). Something is not being
interpolated correctly, I suppose. If you could, maybe, quote relevant parts
of your configuration (the host.pl file), that would be helpful in helping
you.

> > Error connecting to 192.168.1.100 (Aucun chemin d'accès pour atteindre
> > l'hôte cible)
> > Connection to 192.168.1.100 failed (Error NT_STATUS_HOST_UNREACHABLE)

I'd guess that is the error due to there being no machine with netbios name
"192.168.1.100" in the network.

> > What is what has there configuration to be made.
> > Ideas????

Well, read the documentation or post your configuration. If it were a simple
matter of one standard configuration that everyone uses, that would be the
default and you wouldn't have to set up anything. We can only point out which
parts of your configuration might be wrong or incomplete if we see what you
actually did configure.

> Sorry, my french isn't well ;-)

Keep it away from your English in case it's something contagious. And I do
hope it gets better soon.

> I am not sure but I believe you need an account "backuppc" in windows, if
> you running backuppc within the default account "backuppc" on your ubuntu.

I believe you need whatever account you set up BackupPC to use ("-U" argument
of smbclient - SmbShareUserName, as a quick look at the default config file
reveals, though you could potentially change SmbClientFullCmd and
SmbClientIncrCmd to interpolate something completely different).

Regards,
Holger