BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc

2009-04-28 14:56:31
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc
From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 20:52:55 +0200
soume86 wrote:

> Hello to all,
> I have just installed backuppc on a machine ubuntu.
> The installation it is crossed(spent) well. My problem is the following
> one:
>
> I added a machine to protect goes the interface of administration.
> And when I click to Start the complete saving and when I return on balance
> sheet(assessment) of machines, he says to me that the saving failed (No.
> rows dumped for share $C).
>
> Here is the error that I had, if it can you help:
> Contenu du fichier /var/lib/backuppc/pc/192.168.1.100/XferLOG.bad, modifié
> le 2009-04-27 11:00:07
>
> Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\192.168.1.100\\C\$ -U  -E -N -d 1 -c
> tarmode\ full -Tc - full backup started for share C$
> Xfer PIDs are now 7428,7427
> Error connecting to 192.168.1.100 (Aucun chemin d'accès pour atteindre
> l'hôte cible) Connection to 192.168.1.100 failed (Error
> NT_STATUS_HOST_UNREACHABLE) Error connecting to 192.168.1.100 (Aucun
> chemin d'accès pour atteindre l'hôte cible) Connection to 192.168.1.100
> failed (Error NT_STATUS_HOST_UNREACHABLE) tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0
> filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0 sizeExistComp, 0 filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal Got
> fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share C$) Backup aborted (No
> files dumped for share C$)
>
> What is what has there configuration to be made.
> Ideas????
>
> Thank you

Sorry, my french isn't well ;-) Maybee you can translate french messages in
english?
NT_STATUS_HOST_UNREACHABLE means that the windows machine isn't reachable.
Did you have exported C$ in your windows machine?
Do you can access this share from any other machine?
I am not sure but I believe you need an account "backuppc" in windows, if
you running backuppc within the default account "backuppc" on your ubuntu.
--
Don't Panic