BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc

2009-04-30 09:01:08
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 07:55:02 -0500
soume86 wrote:
> I installed rsync on the customer and I also have chooses rsync as the
> configuration of backuppc. When I make again the saving, he says to me that
> the saving failed (No. rows dumped for share $C)
>
> Other ideas. Help I please,
> Thank you in advance,

If you are using rsync without ssh (as you normally do on windows) the
xfer type should be rsyncd in backuppc and you must install rsync in
standalone daemon mode on the target.  This setup must have shared names
and passwords that match what you have in the backuppc settings. You can
test a daemon mode rsync setup from the command line with the syntax:
rsync  host::share   (should list the files)