BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Sending csums, cnt = 0, phase = 1 - Backups stuck!

2009-04-10 06:58:25
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Sending csums, cnt = 0, phase = 1 - Backups stuck!
From: "Nils Breunese (Lemonbit)" <nils AT lemonbit DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 12:54:25 +0200
Boniforti Flavio wrote:

>> '--delete*' are meaningless and unsupported. '--stats
>
> Holger, you state that "--delete*" are unsupported switches, why?
> As you can read in my last new thread, I'd like just to do "syncs"
> of my
> remote host, thus needing to be able to delete files which ain't
> anymore
> on the remote host.

It seems like you trying as hard as possible to not use any BackupPC-
specific functionality. If you just want to do a plain rsync with the
--delete switch, why don't you just do that? Seems like that would be
a whole lot simpler than using BackupPC and trying to change it into a
plain native rsync binary.

BackupPC keeps several complete backups. The number of backups that
are kept around is configurable. Files will be deleted when they are
not in any backups anymore, so there is no need to use --delete in the
rsync arguments and AFAIK File::RsyncP indeed doesn't even support
that switch.

Nils Breunese.