BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Sending csums, cnt = 0, phase = 1 - Backups stuck!

2009-04-09 11:52:17
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Sending csums, cnt = 0, phase = 1 - Backups stuck!
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "Holger Parplies" <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 17:47:56 +0200
> > Therefore we should pray to get File::RsyncP which supports
> protocol
> > version 30 asap, right?
>
> well, that's what Jeffrey's doing :-).

Hoping to see some results soon!! ;-)

> I guess so. I have 0.64-1 on etch. You could try downgrading
> (dependencies
> permitting) just in case. 'apt-get install
> libfile-rsyncp-perl=0.64-1' - you'd need an etch source in
> sources.list. There don't seem to be any important changes
> between those versions.

Why downgrading?

> > > possible, try a command line rsync with the '--protocol=28'
> > > switch to see if native rsync has the same issue or not.
> >
> > Plain "rsync" (no ssh tunnel) with that switch is working
> and syncing:
> >
> > rsync -rtz -vvvv --protocol=28 --delete --ignore-errors
> --numeric-ids
> > --delete-excluded --stats --progress mail.omvsa.ch::profilo/
> > /mnt/remote/Omv/daily.0/profilo/
>
> Sorry, I meant a command line most closely resembling what
> BackupPC uses.
> Remove the '--server --sender', obviously. Try with that
> first, and if it gets stuck, add a '-v' or two (or four) and
> maybe '-P'.

Following is the BackupPC command, I don't see *relevant* differences...

Sending args: --server --sender -rtvz --delete --ignore-errors
--numeric-ids --delete-excluded --stats --progress --block-size=2048
--ignore-times . .

Could the "block-size" do some "damage"???

Regards,
Flavio Boniforti.