BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Sending csums, cnt = 0, phase = 1 - Backups stuck!

2009-04-09 12:06:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Sending csums, cnt = 0, phase = 1 - Backups stuck!
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Boniforti Flavio <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 17:54:47 +0200
Hi,

Boniforti Flavio wrote on 2009-04-09 17:47:56 +0200 [Re: [BackupPC-users]
Sending csums, cnt = 0, phase = 1 - Backups stuck!]:

> [...]
> Following is the BackupPC command, I don't see *relevant* differences...
>
> Sending args: --server --sender -rtvz --delete --ignore-errors
> --numeric-ids --delete-excluded --stats --progress --block-size=2048
> --ignore-times . .
>
> Could the "block-size" do some "damage"???

ah. Remove the '-z'. BackupPC doesn't support that. I don't know about
block-size, but why not simply stick with the default configuration?
'--delete*' are meaningless and unsupported. '--stats --progress'? Are you
deliberately trying to disrupt communications between rsync and BackupPC? ;-)

>>From 3.1.0's default config file:

        $Conf{RsyncArgs} = [
                    #
                    # Do not edit these!
                    #
                    '--numeric-ids',
                    '--perms',
                    '--owner',
                    '--group',
                    '-D',
                    '--links',
                    '--hard-links',
                    '--times',
                    '--block-size=2048',
                    '--recursive',

                    #
                    # Rsync >= 2.6.3 supports the --checksum-seed option
                    # which allows rsync checksum caching on the server.
                    # Uncomment this to enable rsync checksum caching if
                    # you have a recent client rsync version and you want
                    # to enable checksum caching.
                    #
                    #'--checksum-seed=32761',

                    #
                    # Add additional arguments here
                    #
        ];

Note especially the part reading 'Do not edit these!'.

Please reset your RsyncArgs to supported values and try again.

Regards,
Holger