BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] vista rsync issue

2009-04-08 14:30:42
Subject: [BackupPC-users] vista rsync issue
From: Mark Maciolek <mlm AT sr.unh DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 13:24:19 -0400
hi,

Tried to add a second Vista system to my backuppc server(version 3.1) today.

Used DeltaCopy to install rsync

On the working system when I try this

  rsync --port 873 backuppc@<client>::Backup

I get a prompt  Password:

On the new system that fails I get this:

@ERROR: chdir failed

Difference is that the failed system is in an AD domain while the
working one is not.

Also I when using a dos shell it will not let me change to the c:\ drive

It opens with H:\ prompt which is a disk from the AD server.

System seems to be working ok, can use explorer and view all the folders
on the c drive.

I have emailed one of the AD administrators thinking this might be a
policy issue but no reply yet.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Mark

--