BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] What is it doing? How to see progess?

2009-04-08 11:09:44
Subject: [BackupPC-users] What is it doing? How to see progess?
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 17:02:13 +0200
Hello list,
it's me again! ;-)

I've now run a simple full backup of about 300MB using ssh tunnel. On my
Linux server, where BackupPC runs and stores the data it retrieves from
remote (Windows) clients, I see that the tunnel is open and running

backuppc 26351  4.5  0.3   6032  1724 ?        Ss   16:31   1:12 ssh -fC
administrator AT mail.omvsa DOT ch -L 8874:127.0.0.1:873 sleep 20

What I'm missing is an rsync process, is this ok?
Also, when looking into /var/lib/backuppc/pc/mail.omvsa.ch I see a "new"
folder, and in it "fprofilo": why has there been an "f" added in front
of the rsync module name?

Last but not least: how do I check the progress status of my backup?

Thanks again and kind regards,
Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL
Via Ballerini 21