BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Incremental dumps hanging with 'Can't get rsync digests' & 'Can't call method "isCached"'

2008-10-27 01:20:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Incremental dumps hanging with 'Can't get rsync digests' & 'Can't call method "isCached"'
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 01:18:24 -0400
Holger Parplies wrote at about 03:08:47 +0100 on Monday, October 27, 2008:
 > Hi,
 > I admit to not believing in backupcentral.com for various reasons, but I
 > would
 > have expected attachments to be available even there (they apparently aren't
 > -
 > at least I can't find it either). The original mailing list archive is here:
 >
 > http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=backuppc-users
 >
 > and the link I went to the trouble of looking up and quoting actually *does*
 > link to the attachment:
 >
 > http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=20081007041523.GB14536%40gratch.parplies.de

Sorry - my mail reader (text mode) doesn't always do a good job with
links so I google searched and found the (faulty) backupcentral
version instead.

I have been playing with your script and it seems to spit out about
80% of the files/directories (24908/28834) that are backed up in this
incremental backup.

Most of the 24000 files seem to have 5 or 6 digit perms like 40755 or
100660. Not sure if this is a problem and if so what to do about it.
I seem to get this on the good backups too. In fact, at first glance
it's hard to tell what if anything is the difference between a 'good'
and 'bad' backup. For most directories, every file and subdirectory are listed
even though it all seems fine.

I tried doing -X "40755,100644" etc. to exclude these perms but it
didn't seem to have any effect so I'm not sure what is triggering
these files to be listed since I thought only "bad" ones were to be printed.

For example in / I have the following
[5] 40755 0 0 0 4096 0x48f7aeb7 /
[5] 40755 0 0 0 1024 0x48f84c29 /boot
[0] 100644 0 0 0 0 0x4743a755 -i
[0] 100644 0 0 0 0 0x48f7aeb7 .autofsck
[0] 100600 0 0 0 2556 0x48c7dbb0 .bash_history
[5] 40755 0 0 0 4096 0x478175ba .qt
[5] 40755 0 0 0 4096 0x478175a5 .vmware
[5] 40755 0 0 0 4096 0x48ef153c bin
[5] 40755 0 0 0 1024 0x48f84c29 boot
[5] 40755 0 0 0 5860 0x48f7badf dev
[5] 40755 0 0 0 12288 0x48f8b077 etc
[5] 40755 0 0 0 4096 0x476ff4f2 home
[5] 40755 0 0 0 4096 0x48ef153c lib

Also, the debug output for the Users list looks good except for the
last 2 elements:
         0755 (which looks like a perm)
         65534 (which seems like the max number for a uid)
Similarly the last element of the group list is: 65534.

Finally, you may want to add the following debug line to your script for
completeness:

print "Perms: ", (join ',', sort {$a <=> $b} keys %permmap), "\n"
  if $opts {D};