BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] backupcentral.com (was: Re: Incremental dumps hanging with 'Can't get rsync digests' & 'Can't call method "isCached"')

2008-10-26 22:58:03
Subject: [BackupPC-users] backupcentral.com (was: Re: Incremental dumps hanging with 'Can't get rsync digests' & 'Can't call method "isCached"')
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 03:55:28 +0100
Hi,

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote on 2008-10-26 19:36:18 -0400 [Re: [BackupPC-users]
Incremental dumps hanging with 'Can't get rsync digests' & 'Can't call method
"isCached"']:
> [...]
> I tried to find your 'attrib' checking script and found the reference
> here:
>
> But for the life of me I can't find any links or references to where I
> can find the script itself.

I sent the script off-list, but I'd like to point out on-list that
ignoring attachments is not the only disservice to this list by
backupcentral.com. Wouldn't it be fun to unsubscribe them?

If you're reading this on backupcentral.com, please remember that this is a
mailing list, not a board, even if it may look like one. That means:

- Don't edit messages you have posted. You can't edit mails you have sent.
  backupcentral.com tries to emulate this and fails miserably.
- You may or may not get an e-mail copy of replies to your posts.
- Don't assume people you are expecting an answer from have the complete
  history of an ancient (or even recent) thread available. Quote what is
  relevant (and only that).
- Don't assume backupcentral is capable of getting threading right. Make clear
  what you are responding to. There is no such thing as an "immediately
  preceeding post" on a mailing list.
- Look for attachments in the original mailing list archive on sourceforge.
  There should be a link, but I don't believe there is.
- Don't be surprised by messages from 2008 showing up on page 113.
- If you ask me, don't post via backupcentral.com.

Regards,
Holger