Amanda-Users

RE: [Amanda-users] 'Idiots Guide' for configuring Amanda on Linux?

2008-10-22 17:21:26
Subject: RE: [Amanda-users] 'Idiots Guide' for configuring Amanda on Linux?
From: "Paul Crittenden" <paul.crittenden AT simpson DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:44:04 -0500
My .amandahosts looks like this, my server only backs the machine
(client) that it  is installed on.
xxxxxxxx.simpson.edu root amindexd amidxtaped amdump
xxxxxxxx.simpson.edu amanda amindexd amidxtaped amdump
localhost root amindexd amidxtaped amdump
localhost amanda amindexd amidxtaped amdump

My disklist:
xxxxxxxx.simpson.edu / always-full
xxxxxxxx.simpson.edu /usr1 encrypt-simple - I encrypt this.

For the /usr/local/sbin//amdump, did you do a make install, if so are
running this command as amanda or root and is /usr/local/sbin in your
path?

Paul Crittenden
Computer Systems Manager
Simpson College
Phone: 515-961-1680
Email: paul.crittenden AT simpson DOT edu