Amanda-Users

[Amanda-users] 'Idiots Guide' for configuring Amanda on Linux?

2008-10-21 08:21:30
Subject: [Amanda-users] 'Idiots Guide' for configuring Amanda on Linux?
From: dceola <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 08:10:58 -0400
Thanks for the response!

I went with F7 as i had someone experienced with it assisting me in setting up
my server, and at this point i have enough stuff on this server that it
wouldn't be very easy to change to a different OS.

With regards to the specific 'how to' guide i posted a link to that i had been
using, i made it through that guide up to the point of editing the changer.conf
file and commenting out 4 specific lines in the /usr/lib/amanda/chg-zd-mtx
file. I believe my confusion lies in trying to figure out what is done in that
guide that is specific to using a tape changer, instead of a single tape drive.
I could probably make my way through it all, but it's been a lot for me to wrap
my head around, and decided to look for a guide thats a bit closer to my
situation.