Amanda-Users

[Amanda-users] 'Idiots Guide' for configuring Amanda on Linux?

2008-10-20 22:05:53
Subject: [Amanda-users] 'Idiots Guide' for configuring Amanda on Linux?
From: dceola <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 21:13:58 -0400
Howdy Folks!

I'm new to these forums, and am also new to Amanda, and still trying to learn
my way around Linux (i'm using Fedora 7).

When i first came across Amanda and decided to use it as my backup solution, i
had found a 'how to' guide for configuring the software
(http://robertolitrico.blogspot.com/2007/04/installing-and-configuring-amanda-in.html).
 However, this specific howto guide has a lot of stuff that is specific to
using a robotic tape changer device.

I have been going through the above referenced guide, attempting to follow it
yet making alterations in the places i identified as being specific for a tape
changer device, rather than a single tape drive.

Unfortunately, i've got to a point where i'm both confused  of what i'm doing
and unsure of what i should make changes to, for my system as compared to what
is outlined in that guide. (for what it's worth, i made it about halfway
through that guide)

I've tried to look for a basic how to guide to get me going, that wasn't meant
specifically for a tape changer implementation with no such luck.   If anyone
could point me to a how-to guide for setting amanda up on linux, with a single
scsi tape drive, which will be changed manually, i would be very grateful!

Thanks much folks!