Amanda-Users

Re: [Amanda-users] 'Idiots Guide' for configuring Amanda on Linux?

2008-10-21 08:58:21
Subject: Re: [Amanda-users] 'Idiots Guide' for configuring Amanda on Linux?
From: Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:40:18 +0200
dceola schrieb:
With regards to the specific 'how to' guide i posted a link to
> that i had been using, i made it through that guide up to the point
> of editing the changer.conf file and commenting out 4 specific
> lines in the /usr/lib/amanda/chg-zd-mtx file. I believe my confusion
> lies in trying to figure out what is done in that
> guide that is specific to using a tape changer, instead
> of a single tape drive. I could probably make my way through
> it all, but it's been a lot for me to wrap my head around,
> and decided to look for a guide thats a bit closer to my situation.

You don't need to specify changerdev, changerfile or tpchanger, if you just want to store your backup with a single drive on one tape. Just set tapedev to the non rewinding device.

Also you can have a look at
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Amanda_chapter_in_Backup_and_Recovery
This is a chapter out of the O'Reilly Book "Backup & Recovery".

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung IT)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost