Amanda-Users

Using Amanda to backup a Windows PC to a linux box

2008-04-20 04:20:59
Subject: Using Amanda to backup a Windows PC to a linux box
From: Bob Williams <linux AT barrowhillfarm.org DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 08:35:20 +0100
I am trying to setup Amanda to backup my wife's Windows laptop to my linux
desktop machine. They are both on the same LAN (192.168.1.nn).

Does anybody know if the version of Amanda suplied with opensuse 10.3 is
compiled with SMB support? Is there an idiot's guide somewhere - I
usually need unambiguous step-by-step instructions for this sort of
thing ;)

I've got everything setup on the linux box, such that amcheck returns no
errors, but it can't connect to the Windows machine, which is listed
in .amandahosts

Amcheck's output as follows:

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /space/amandahold/daily: 1716232 kB disk space available,
using 296960 kB as requested
read label `DailySet101', date `X'
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape DailySet101 label ok
NOTE: conf info dir /etc/amanda/daily/curinfo does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run.
NOTE: index dir /etc/amanda/daily/index does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run.
Server check took 0.007 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
WARNING: hilscomputer: selfcheck request failed: timeout waiting for ACK
Client check: 1 host checked in 30.052 seconds, 1 problem found
--
Bob
Registered Linux User #463880