Amanda-Users

Re: Using Amanda to backup a Windows PC to a linux box

2008-04-21 02:01:19
Subject: Re: Using Amanda to backup a Windows PC to a linux box
From: Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 07:50:25 +0200
Bob Williams schrieb:
Does anybody know if the version of Amanda suplied with opensuse 10.3 is compiled with SMB support? Is there an idiot's guide somewhere - I usually need unambiguous step-by-step instructions for this sort of thing ;)

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Backup_client#Windows_client

I've got everything setup on the linux box, such that amcheck returns no errors, but it can't connect to the Windows machine, which is listed in .amandahosts

.amandahosts is the file that allows other computers to connect to the machine where this file resists. If you have the windows amanda client installed, you have to setup this file on the windows machine. If you use smbclient then .amandahosts only need to have a entry for the Linux machine that will get the data from the client. In your case, I guess, the server itself does this job.

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
WARNING: hilscomputer: selfcheck request failed: timeout waiting for ACK
Client check: 1 host checked in 30.052 seconds, 1 problem found

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Selfcheck_request_failed

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung Systemadministration)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost