Amanda-Users

Re: exclude list optional not working?

2005-07-05 12:56:00
Subject: Re: exclude list optional not working?
From: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
To: sgw AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:50:10 -0600
On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 18:07 +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> As you have read the docs, this file should be specified relative to the
> DLE on the client.

Yep. I want it to, like shown in the docs, just look for
a .amanda.excludes file in the root of every share I'm backing up.

> I'd suggest setting
>
> exclude list optional "./.amanda.excludes"

Hmmm, would that really make a difference? Given a disklist entry like
"/files/share", wouldn't that just cause it to look for
"/files/share/./.amanda.excludes"?

> The "optional" means that the existence of the file is optional, not its
> accessibility due to wrong permissions if existing. If it exists, it has
> to be accessible.

But the file *doesn't* exist in any of these directories yet. I just
added the config change, I haven't actually created the file anywhere
yet.

Graeme