Amanda-Users

exclude list optional not working?

2005-07-05 11:59:49
Subject: exclude list optional not working?
From: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 09:51:36 -0600
I've just added exclude lists as per the examples in the online
documentation, with the following configuration:

exclude list optional ".amanda.excludes"

However, amcheck now complains on every item in the disklist for a
*single* host, that it "[Can't open exclude file '/filepath' :
Permission denied]". I thought "optional" was supposed to prevent this
from being an error condition? And, even stranger, it doesn't seem to
generate any similar errors on any of the other client systems, just a
single one.

Any ideas?

--
Graeme Humphries (graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com)
Linux Administrator

My views and comments do not necessarily reflect the views of my
employer.