Amanda-Users

Re: chg-zd-mtx always cleans?

2005-07-05 13:03:06
Subject: Re: chg-zd-mtx always cleans?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 12:55:20 -0400
On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 09:56:52AM -0600, Graeme Humphries wrote:
> Here's another little oddity I've been noticing: when using the
> chg-zd-mtx changer script, even though I've set autoclean to 0 and
> cleanslot to 7, when I do an "amtape update" it *always* loads and runs
> the cleaning tape, and does a cleaning cycle. This, in turn, screws up
> the update.
>
> Is this supposed to happen? Am I missing a piece of configuration for
> that changer script? :)

Do your slot numbers, "first slot" to "last slot" include the
slot with the cleaning tape?

If like my DDS3 changer, amanda may not be "running" the
cleaning tape; but instead just loading it.  On my changer
that causes the magazine to be ejected at the end of the
cleaning run.

I ended up not having a cleaning tape in the magazine at all.
Load it manually when I want to clean.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)