Amanda-Users

Re: exclude list optional not working?

2005-07-05 12:18:26
Subject: Re: exclude list optional not working?
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:07:20 +0200
Graeme Humphries wrote:
I've just added exclude lists as per the examples in the online
documentation, with the following configuration:

exclude list optional ".amanda.excludes"

However, amcheck now complains on every item in the disklist for a
*single* host, that it "[Can't open exclude file '/filepath' :
Permission denied]". I thought "optional" was supposed to prevent this
from being an error condition? And, even stranger, it doesn't seem to
generate any similar errors on any of the other client systems, just a
single one.

Any ideas?

As you have read the docs, this file should be specified relative to the DLE on the client.

I'd suggest setting

exclude list optional "./.amanda.excludes"

instead

and check that this file is accessible by the AMANDA-user.

The "optional" means that the existence of the file is optional, not its accessibility due to wrong permissions if existing. If it exists, it has to be accessible.

--
Stefan G. Weichinger
AMANDA core team member