Amanda-Users

Re: Converting to FILE

2004-09-09 08:24:15
Subject: Re: Converting to FILE
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 08:16:09 -0400
On Thursday 09 September 2004 02:31, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>Hi, Gene Heskett,
>
>on Donnerstag, 09. September 2004 at 01:54 you wrote to
> amanda-users:
>
>GH> That would be the only line in that config driver thats dbl
>GH> quoted, but I tried it, nuked everything and re-built and
>GH> installed it, no real diffs to be seen.
>
>GH> I've rebuilt it several times with this config:
>GH> --------------
>GH> #!/bin/sh
>GH> # since I'm always forgetting to su amanda...
>GH> if [ `whoami` != 'amanda' ]; then
>GH>  echo
>GH>  echo "!!!!!!!!!!!! Warning !!!!!!!!!!!!"
>GH>  echo "Amanda needs to be configured and built by the user
> amanda," GH>  echo "but must be installed by user root."
>GH>  echo
>GH>  exit 1
>GH> fi
>GH> make clean
>GH> rm -f config.status config.cache
>GH> ./configure --with-user=amanda \
>GH>  --with-group=disk \
>GH>  --with-owner=amanda \
>GH>  --with-gnu-ld \
>GH>  --prefix=/usr/local \
>GH>  --with-tapedev="FILE:/amandatapes" \
>GH>  --with-debugging=/tmp/amanda-dbg/ \
>GH>  --with-tape-server=coyote.coyote.den \
>GH>  --with-amandahosts \
>GH>  --with-configdir=/usr/local/etc/amanda
>
>GH> make
>
>Ok.

>GH> #tpchanger "chg-scsi" # the tape-changer glue script
>GH> #tpchanger "chg-mtx"
>GH> tpchanger "changer"
>
>GH> #tapedev  "0" # the no-rewind tape device to be used
>GH> tapedev  "FILE:/amandatapes/DailySet1"
>GH> rawtapedev "FILE:/amandatapes/Dailyset1"
>GH> changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer"
>
>GH> tapetype HARD-DISK
>
>GH> labelstr "^DailySet1-[0-9][0-9]*$" # label constraint regex: all
> tapes must match
>
>GH> amrecover_changer "changer"
>
>This should be:
>
>tpchanger "chg-disk"    # the tape-changer glue script

I got that one fixed since I posted

>changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer.conf"
># Just noticed that I have "changer.conf" here and not "changer" ...
>tapedev "file:/amandatapes/DailySet1"
>changerdev "file:/amandatapes/DailySet1"
>amrecover_changer "chg-disk"
>
>You don't need rawtapedev.

Ok, that can probably go with no efect then

>GH> And I now note that in my attempts to run amcheck or amlabel,
>GH> I now have files in the /config/ dir named -access, -clean
>GH> and -slot, which tells me the name string those are supposed
>GH> to be appended to is a null string, probaby because the name
>GH> 'changer' isn't correct, or is not correctly keyword identified.
>
>Maybe because it really has to be "changer.conf" as noticed above.
> If yes, another bug in the howto, but I wonder why noone else has
> hit this before ...

When I had made that chg-disk, then I do get the chg-disk-access & etc
files properly named.

>GH> and a run of amcheck gets this:
>GH> ---------------
>GH> [amanda@coyote amanda-2.4.5b1-20040831]$ amcheck DailySet1
>GH> amcheck: error while loading shared libraries:
>GH> libamserver-2.4.5b1-20040831.so: cannot open shared object file:
>GH> Nosuch file or directory
>GH> The library does indeed exist:
>
>Run "ldconfig".

I got that one too.

Theres a later message than this one as I still cannot amlabel the
vtapes.

Many Thanks.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: