Amanda-Users

Re: Converting to FILE

2004-09-08 14:36:17
Subject: Re: Converting to FILE
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:31:13 +0200
Hi, Gene,

on Mittwoch, 08. September 2004 at 19:27 you wrote to amanda-users:

>>The loop to create the vtapes runs from 1 to 12, the loop to label
>>starts with 01, 02, ...

GH> I made them by hand, and chown-ed everything after.

I fixed the HOWTO anyway.

GH> Let me save the fixed amanda.conf and see what happens, but I think
GH> the installed libs are hardcoded to use /dev/nst0 thanks to my gh.cf
GH> that I've published since forever here on this list.  How should I
GH> modify that?  Its presently:

ONCE AGAIN !!!! ;-) :

I think I have to add this to the tarball to stop you from doing this
;-)

GH> ./configure --with-user=amanda \
GH>  --with-group=disk \
GH>  --with-owner=amanda \
GH>  --with-gnu-ld --prefix=/usr/local \
GH>  --with-tapedev=FILE:/amandatapes

GH> Is this anywhere near usable?

I don't know. I assume it is ok. Maybe use

--with-tapedev="FILE:/amandatapes"

Could you try this and tell us? Thanks.

Apart from that, AFAIK the configure-options are just defaults, and
your amanda.conf-settings override them so you are able to use
chg-disk in your conf without recompiling.

While I type this, I realize that I even use it that way myself.

;-)

--
best regards,
Stefan