Amanda-Users

RE: Where is my amgetidx?

2004-09-09 05:48:05
Subject: RE: Where is my amgetidx?
From: Simon Hildrew <simon.hildrew AT yolus DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:43:01 +0100
I have a very similar problem.  I get no index files produced, so I can't
use amrecover.  In the FAQ it suggests that I might no have it enabled, but
'index yes' is in my global dumptype.  In my first ever dump, the cdirectory
I had specified did not exist, so I have since created it by hand.

Whilst a backup runs absolutely fine and I can use amrestore to obtain the
tar files from the tapes, amdump is still refusing to create indexes.

What trouble-shooting can anyone suggest to track this down?

Particularly, I'm not very clear on:
How exactly the indexing program gets run?
Where I would expect indexing related errors to appear in logs / if I need
to enable any debugging to get more information?

I'm running 2.4.4p3 on my server and the clients are all 2.4 versions,
although they are not all this recent (2.4.4p1 & 2.4.2p2).  My old server,
running on a different box and version 2.4.2p2 generates indexes without any
problems - so I'm guessing that it isn't a client configuration issue.

Thanks in advance,

Simon

--
Simon Hildrew