Amanda-Users

Re: 2.6.6-rc2 and newer cause trouble with amanda

2004-06-16 10:30:49
Subject: Re: 2.6.6-rc2 and newer cause trouble with amanda
From: Jay Fenlason <fenlason AT redhat DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:27:19 -0400
I've experienced similar problems backing up a Windows 2000 client
(with the Cygwin Amanda client) from a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 AS
(Itanium) box.  The errors only happen when the Windows box is on the
far side of a Fedora Core 2 bridge/gateway.  When the Windows box is
directly attached to the same network as the Amanda server, it works
fine.  Oddly enough, the Fedora Core 2 box that I back up in the same
configuration also works fine.

Fortunatly, I have a plentiful supply of kernel hackers here, so if
I get good tcpdump output(s) from tonight's run, maybe I can find out
what's happening.

                        -- JF