Amanda-Users

Re: 2.6.6-rc2 and newer cause trouble with amanda

2004-06-22 17:48:50
Subject: Re: 2.6.6-rc2 and newer cause trouble with amanda
From: Josef Wolf <jw AT raven.inka DOT de>
To: Andreas Sundstrom <sunkan AT zappa DOT cx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:39:15 +0200
On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:07:39PM +0200, Andreas Sundstrom wrote:
> Anyway here's the diff from 2.6.5-rc1 to 2.6.5-rc2:

I am not a kernel hacker and I have not checked the source. But judging from
the diff there is one thing that look strange to me:

Old code assigned exp_amanda_info->offset before calling simple_strtoul()
while new code calls simple_strtoul() before assignment. This results
in exp_amanda_info->offset pointing _behind_ the parsed number instead
of before the parsed number.

I have no clue what this offset is good for, but if it is used for
anything, I'd expect problems similar to those which you were
experiencing.

--
Please visit and sign http://petition-eurolinux.org and http://www.ffii.org
-- Josef Wolf -- jw AT raven.inka DOT de --