Amanda-Users

Re: streaming

2004-06-03 08:50:38
Subject: Re: streaming
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 08:32:23 -0400
On Thursday 03 June 2004 03:26, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>Hi, Stefan G. Weichinger,
>
>on Donnerstag, 03. Juni 2004 at 09:12 you wrote to amanda-users:
>
>SGW> Hi, Glenn,
>
>SGW> on Donnerstag, 03. Juni 2004 at 06:51 you wrote to
> amanda-users:
>
>GE>> I looked at another system: an old Dell server downstairs with
> a Maxtor GE>> PCI IDE card and a 2 or 3 year old Maxtor 60GB disk,
> also claiming to be GE>> udma5
>
>I forgot: To use udma5 you have to use an appropriate ATA (80 core)
>cable for the drive.

As an aside on that point, not all drives and controllers properly
detect this yet, its been discussed a bit some time back on the lkml.
It seems there was only a gentlemans agreement on howto do that, so no
real std was adhered to at first.  Hopefully that situation has
improved in new mobo designs by now.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: