Amanda-Users

Re: mixed full / incremental backup...

2004-03-09 04:54:32
Subject: Re: mixed full / incremental backup...
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 10:52:02 +0100
Hi, Kristian,

on Dienstag, 09. März 2004 at 10:24 you wrote to amanda-users:

>> At first let me tell you that you should not use "localhost" in
>> your DLEs. Use the fully qualified hostname (FQDN) instead.
>> localhost bites you at recovery time.

KR> Okay, thanks for the hint. Anyhow, I am just running amanda to back
KR> up files from this one host; is the naming likely to get me into
KR> trouble even this way?

amrecover will not work as expected.

>> 2. The message does not say that localhost:work/04 does not fit on
>> tape. It says that the size of the whole dump (~ all DLEs) is
>> larger than your tape.

KR> Hmmm, okay, but even this seems to be strange while the full dump
KR> doesn't complain about this and just moves anything found in the
KR> file area to tape...

>> And the disklist?

KR> see attachment. :) Basically, I split up the base directory of our
KR> document management system into several smaller chunks because it
KR> won't take long for the tree to not fit on a single tape anymore...

You have in your disklist:

> localhost work/04 /backup/PlanC3/bf381/docs/work {

I am not sure but I would not use something like "work/04" as diskname.

Edit to something like:

my.host.my.domain work04 /backup/PlanC3/bf381/docs/work {

(get rid of the "/" in "work/04").

--

Does any DLE run through here?
Show us your AMANDA email report ...