Amanda-Users

Re: mixed full / incremental backup...

2004-03-09 04:05:59
Subject: Re: mixed full / incremental backup...
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 10:02:59 +0100
Hi, Kristian,

on Dienstag, 09. März 2004 at 09:41 you wrote to amanda-users:

>> *** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [label Back06 or new tape not found in
>> rack]. Some dumps may have been left in the holding disk.

KR> This is strange - tape Back06 actually _is_ inside the changer and
KR> labeled correctly.

Does amcheck run through fine ?
Is Back06 in your tapelist?

>> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>>   larger than tape, -1 KB, skipping incremental] localhost
>>   work/04 lev 1 FAILED [dump larger than tape, -1 KB, skipping
>>   incremental] localhost  project lev 1 FAILED [dump larger than
>>   tape]

KR> This is what always uses to show up in those situations - "dump
KR> larger than tape" for all the dle's I used to set up. I doubt that
KR> because the full dump itself fits on tape rather well.

At first let me tell you that you should not use "localhost" in your
DLEs. Use the fully qualified hostname (FQDN) instead. localhost bites
you at recovery time.

2. The message does not say that localhost:work/04 does not fit on
tape. It says that the size of the whole dump (~ all DLEs) is larger
than your tape.

KR> Can anyone point me where to put my eyes to get this fixed?
KR> amanda.conf of the incremental setup is included.

And the disklist?
--
best regards,
Stefan