Amanda-Users

Re: mixed full / incremental backup...

2004-03-09 04:27:35
Subject: Re: mixed full / incremental backup...
From: Kristian Rink <krink AT pm-planc DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 10:24:48 +0100
Hi Stefan,....

...and at first, thanks for your reply.

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 10:02:59 +0100
"Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at> wrote:

> KR> This is strange - tape Back06 actually _is_ inside the changer
> KR> and labeled correctly.
>
> Does amcheck run through fine ?
> Is Back06 in your tapelist?

I got that fixed in the meantime finding out that the tape was
unloaded to a slot this amanda-setup is not intended to use.
Entirely my fault...

> KR> doubt that because the full dump itself fits on tape rather
> KR> well.
>
> At first let me tell you that you should not use "localhost" in
> your DLEs. Use the fully qualified hostname (FQDN) instead.
> localhost bites you at recovery time.

Okay, thanks for the hint. Anyhow, I am just running amanda to back
up files from this one host; is the naming likely to get me into
trouble even this way?

> 2. The message does not say that localhost:work/04 does not fit on
> tape. It says that the size of the whole dump (~ all DLEs) is
> larger than your tape.

Hmmm, okay, but even this seems to be strange while the full dump
doesn't complain about this and just moves anything found in the
file area to tape...

> KR> Can anyone point me where to put my eyes to get this fixed?
> KR> amanda.conf of the incremental setup is included.
>
> And the disklist?

see attachment. :) Basically, I split up the base directory of our
document management system into several smaller chunks because it
won't take long for the tree to not fit on a single tape anymore...

Thanks / bye,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink   -- Programmierung/Systembetreuung
planConnect GmbH * Strehlener Str. 12 - 14 * 01069 Dresden