Amanda-Users

Re: terminology help

2003-10-16 11:32:22
Subject: Re: terminology help
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:19:41 -0400
On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 05:08:39PM +0200, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
> Brian Cuttler wrote:
> >"due", payable, owed, expected
> >
> >The bills are due to be payed this week.
>
> Ok for due, I guess it means I will have to backup that host in two
> days, and that other in three days.
>
> But for overdue ? Does this mean I **will** have to backup that host
> yesterday ? :o)

Read that as "late" as in my payment is late by 8 days because
I sent it in a week after the "due date".

What amanda is refering to is not bills but level 0 backups.
If a DLE gets a level 0 dump today, it is "due" for another
level 0 in "dumpcycle number of days".

So in the original example, one DLE was "due for a level 0"
8 days ago.  Thus it is overdue 8 days.  The other DLE is
due for a level 0 in 3 days, so as long as a level 0 is done
for that DLE in the next 3 days, it will meet the dumpcycle
requirement and not become overdue.
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)