Amanda-Users

Re: Sony AIT Library LIB-81

2003-04-07 12:36:16
Subject: Re: Sony AIT Library LIB-81
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix AT structbio.vanderbilt DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:19:02 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 at 9:50am, Brandon D. Valentine wrote

> On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 10:56:33AM +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
> > Has anyone used Amanda with the Sony "LIB-81" AIT library?
>
> If you're looking for an AIT library I can't recommend the Overland Data
> LibraryPro products enough.  We looked at the Sony LIB-81, LIB-152 and
> LIB-162 products when making our most recent purchasing decision and
> decided instead to go with an Overland LibraryPro.  All of the reviews

*snip*

Heh.  I've got the exact same unit, and am similarly pleased with it.  I
particularly like the ability, using the mail slot, to load a tape not in
the magazine without unloading the magazine or any tapes from it.  The
scalability is nice too.

Of course, as Toralf was looking at a 1U unit, I'm guessing that space
might be an issue.  It's only fair to warn him that the Overland is huge
-- mine's a table-top unit, but I'm guessing it'd take up about 6U in a
rack.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering