Amanda-Users

Re: Sony AIT Library LIB-81

2003-04-08 11:55:04
Subject: Re: Sony AIT Library LIB-81
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 10:41:16 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 at 9:28am, Toralf Lund wrote

> Well, space is a concern, but I'm not really that worried about it as long
> as we're talking about 4U (or even 6U), rather than the 15U or so required
> by some of the larger libraries. The cost, however, is a major issue. I'm
> looking at the Sony autoloader because it seems to give better value for
> money than "real" tape libraries e.g. from Qualstar. These certainly seem
> more powerful and flexible, but they also cost a lot more - and the
> difference in price is much larger than what the added power and
> flexibility can justify, I think. I haven't actually checked the Overland
> products, though...

Hmm.  The two places I've checked online have that Sony for ~$7200.  I
don't know if I just checked bad places or what, but  I got my Overland
for $7900.  Contact me off list for details, if you're interested.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering