Amanda-Users

Re: Sony AIT Library LIB-81

2003-04-07 10:34:04
Subject: Re: Sony AIT Library LIB-81
From: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 15:02:49 +0200
On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 at 10:56am, Toralf Lund wrote

> Has anyone used Amanda with the Sony "LIB-81" AIT library?

Not I, but another group here has a Qualstar 4216, which seems to simply
be a rebadged Sony LIB-162, which seems to simply be the 2U, 16 tape
version of the LIB-81 (is that convoluted enough for you?).
Just about ;-)

Theirs
worked
out of the box with mtx and amanda (this is on Linux), including the
bar-code reader.
This sounds very promising.

There is one extra complication, though; I may want to connect the unit to an SGI server which doesn't have mtx. What are the on chg-scsi or similar working correctly for the unit?

Good luck.
Thanks.

- Toralf