Amanda-Users

Re: downgrading

2003-02-19 14:27:05
Subject: Re: downgrading
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: rwong AT mrs.mni.mcgill DOT ca
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:00:06 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 at 12:54pm, rwong AT mrs.mni.mcgill DOT ca wrote

> Sorry.  reflex reaction from using pine too long.  I'll keep it on the
> list.
>
> I've attached the amidxtaped*.debug log.

>From that log:

amrestore:   0: skipping start of tape: date 20030219 label tape-08
amrestore: error reading file header: Input/output error

The OS threw an I/O error when amrestore tried to read the second file.
It read the first one (the tape label) just fine.  Are there any errors in
your system logs?  Can you show us the text of a full mt/dd restore
attempt?

This looks like a system issue, rather than an amanda one.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering