Amanda-Users

Re: downgrading

2003-02-18 17:24:32
Subject: Re: downgrading
From: rwong AT mrs.mni.mcgill DOT ca
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:00:04 -0500 (EST)
When I ran 2.4.3b4, I was able to read from the tapes via amadmin, mt, and
dd piped to gtar.  Amrestore was not able to read the tapes, it kept
complaining about "error reading file header".

So, I thought moving up to the current stable 2.4.3 version would fix the
amrestore problems.  It didn't.  And this time, the manual process of
using the unix cmd line tools didn't even get me the content *supposedly*
on the tapes as reported by amadmin.

The last version I used which worked well was 2.4.3b3.  So I put that
version back in and now it doesn't get the estimates from it's own local disks
but it can get the estimates from all the other remote clients.

log.1 has lines for each of the failed filesystems:
FAIL planner hostname /disk/blah/restore 20030218 0 [missing result for
/disk/blah/restore in hostname response]

I could put the other dozen filesystems listed in the logs here..kinda
redundant tho.

I am running out of ideas...

thanks
robin