Amanda-Users

RE: NAK: amandad busy

2003-02-19 14:24:14
Subject: RE: NAK: amandad busy
From: "Shawn Sanders" <ssanders AT tcs-sec DOT com>
To: "Dietmar Goldbeck" <goldbeck AT e-trend DOT de>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:58:04 -0500
Thanks for the direction. The sendsize.debug shows it starting at

sendsize: debug 1 pid 25350 ruid 1026 euid 1026 start time Tue Feb 18
23:11:08 2
003
/usr/local/libexec/sendsize: version 2.4.2p1
calculating for amname '/directory', dirname '/directory'
sendsize: getting size via gnutar for /directory level 0
sendsize: missing exclude list file "/usr/local/lib/amanda/exclude.gtar"
discard
ed
sendsize: running "/usr/local/libexec/runtar --create --directory
/cmroot/base/r
cs --listed-incremental
/usr/local/var/amanda/gnutar-lists/pitbullcm-lab.tcs-sec
.com_cmroot_base_rcs_0.new --sparse --one-file-system --ignore-failed-read -
-tot
als --file /dev/null "
sendsize: spawning "/usr/local/libexec/runtar" in pipeline
sendsize: argument list: "/usr/local/bin/tar" "--create" "--directory"
"/directory" "--listed-incremental"
"/usr/local/var/amanda/gnutar-lists/hostname-l
ab.domainname_directory_0.new" "--sparse" "--one-file-system" "--ignore-f
ailed-read" "--totals" "--file" "/dev/null" "."
Total bytes written: 19815997440 (18GB, 2.0MB/s)
sendsize: pid 25350 finish time Wed Feb 19 01:49:25 2003

So that took about 2 hours 40 minutes.  Would that require the etimeout to
be upped to ~9000?

Currently the etimeout and the dtimeout are at the defaults, 300 and 1800.

You mentioned I should look into a newer tar version.  Currently I have
1.13.19.  I have not found
a Solaris source for 1.13.25 as of yet.  Maybe that would speed things up.
The directory
does have about 6000+ files in it.

Thanks for the feedback,
Shawn