Amanda-Users

holding disk need

2003-02-18 17:22:22
Subject: holding disk need
From: rb AT raphinou DOT com
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:13:51 +0100
Hi again :-)

My tape is on the same server that I want to back-up. Maybe this is not
optimal, but I can't change it...
Due to this, I want to  use a little holding disk, or even not use any
(I read that if the file to backup is bigger than the holding disk, it
is directly put on tape) so I can use as much disk space for the
application running on it. Is this ok? (can it even be done?)

Also, I saw two syntaxes: holdingdisk and diskdir + disksize. On a
debian stable, the manpage only mentions holdingdisk, but the
amanda.conf only has diskdir.....

I didn't find any clear explanation about this...

Thanks!

Raph

--
Free and Open Source Developers' European Meeting
           http://www.fosdem.org