Amanda-Users

Problem with using include list on 2.4.3-FreeBSD server with 2.4.4b1-Cygwin client

2003-02-14 12:43:31
Subject: Problem with using include list on 2.4.3-FreeBSD server with 2.4.4b1-Cygwin client
From: Richard Morse <remorse AT partners DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:26:37 -0500
Hi! I have a 2.4.4b1 client, compiled on Cygwin. I'd like to use the "include list" feature, so I upgraded my server from 2.4.2p2 to 2.4.3. I have another cygwin client that works, without using the include list feature.

When I run amcheck, I get back the error "[include must be at least 3 character long: ]" and "[No incude for /cygdrive/c]" from the host which I'm trying to use the include list on. I did let this host run one night as backup, and it generated 10 bytes of data for the tape, which is a problem, as this was a new disk, and there's more than 10 bytes of data to be backed up.

The device is specified in disklist as:
        w0084451.mgh.harvard.edu /cygdrive/c std-tar-include

I have the following dumptypes defined (I've left out the non-relevant ones):
define dumptype global {
        comment "Global defs"
        index yes
}
define dumptype std-tar {
        global
        program "GNUTAR"
        compress server fast
}
define dumptype std-tar-include {
        std-tar
        include list ".amanda-gtar-includes"
}

On w0084451, I have the following in c:\.amanda-gtar-includes:
        ./Documents and Settings/jad47
which is the name of the folder that I want to backup (I'm just trying to backup user data). If, in cygwin, I type "less /cygdrive/c/.amanda-gtar-includes", this is the file that I get (there is a blank line at the end of it, and I don't know offhand what the line endings are, but I can find that out if need be).

There are files in /tmp/amanda which are "selfcheck.*.include", which I would like to look at, but they are owned by SYSTEM, with permissions 600, so I can't see them. Is there any way to get a program to run as SYSTEM so that I can chmod go+r the debug files?

Does anyone know what might be causing the error messages? I've tried looking at the source, but my C is _very_ rusty...

Thanks muchly,
Ricky Morse