Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with using include list on 2.4.3-FreeBSD server with 2.4.4b1-Cygwin client

2003-02-20 11:20:27
Subject: Re: Problem with using include list on 2.4.3-FreeBSD server with 2.4.4b1-Cygwin client
From: Richard Morse <remorse AT partners DOT org>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:57:29 -0500

On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 09:49  PM, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 12:16:16PM -0500, Richard Morse wrote:
Apparently, add_include only iterates over the directories at the root
of the drive (which makes sense), but therefore, it won't find anything
that matches this include: it never checks any deeper into the
hierarchy than one level, so when it iterates over "Document and
Settings", it doesn't match, because "Documents and Settings" doesn't
match the regex "Documents and Settings/jad47".

I sent a patch for that on amanda-users (6 Jan 2003) but nobody has
confirmed that it worked so it was never commited to cvs. The patch
is included if you want to try it.

Hi! I applied the patch to the 20030212 snapshot of 2.4.4b1. Last night, I used it to back up a client that wasn't doing includes or excludes, just to make sure it didn't mess anything up. Tonight I will run it on a client with both include and exclude files.

I'll let you know how it turns out...

Ricky