Amanda-Users

Re: another chg-zd-mtx problem

2003-02-14 11:44:28
Subject: Re: another chg-zd-mtx problem
From: Pete Poggione <ppoggione AT ebsllc DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 14 Feb 2003 10:19:36 -0500
All of my issues have been solved and Amanda is running like a champ. I
wanted to thank all of you that worked with me off list to solve the
problem and apologize for posting so many emails at first.

The final solution:

You know how hard it is to RTFM at times.. In the chg-zd-mtx
script itself there is one small section that solves all my issues:

#   * Figure out the drive slot number.  By default, the script takes
#     any digits in the tape drive device name and assumes they match
#     the robot slot number for the drive.  In the example above, the
#     tape drive ("Data Transfer Element") is in slot 0.  If the tape
#     drive device name happens to be (e.g.) /dev/rmt/0mn, the numbers
#     match and you do not have to do anything else.  If they do not
match
#     (e.g. the robot number was 128, or the drive was /dev/nst3) you
#     need to set the drive slot number with the "driveslot" variable.

My robot is in slot 0 on my tape drive and the device is /dev/sg2. So
as you can see as defined above the script will never ID the robot
unless "driveslot" is defined in the mtx-changer script. Simply adding:

driveslot=0

to my script was all that was needed and she took off like a charm.

Hopefully this will help some one else who was in too much of a hurry to
read..

Thanks again!