Amanda-Users

Re: another chg-zd-mtx problem

2003-02-12 11:28:46
Subject: Re: another chg-zd-mtx problem
From: Pete Poggione <ppoggione AT ebsllc DOT com>
To: Eric Sproul <esproul AT ntelos DOT net>
Date: 12 Feb 2003 09:58:14 -0500
Eric -
Yeah my brain must have been up my proverbial a**. I actually tried that
first and it didn't work. What I didn't pay attention to was that
/dev/sg2 actually was a sym link to /dev/scsi/host0/ (I'm running
Mandrake 9 and using devfs) So once I changed the group recursively of
/dev/scsi/host0/ I was fine for this part of my problems anyway.

Thanks for making me take a second look at that.

If I change the group of /dev/sg2 to disk (the amanda group on my box is
'disk') I still get the same problem:

[root@ruby daily-net]# ls -la /dev/sg2
lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     disk           36 Feb 10 13:45 /dev/sg2 ->
scsi/host0/