Amanda-Users

Re: another chg-zd-mtx problem

2003-02-12 12:35:15
Subject: Re: another chg-zd-mtx problem
From: Pete Poggione <ppoggione AT ebsllc DOT com>
To: Eric Sproul <esproul AT ntelos DOT net>
Date: 12 Feb 2003 10:49:48 -0500
You and I are thinking the same. As I looked further it seems for some
reason the target was not owned by root but rather by me.(?) changing
the ownership to root eliminated all permission issues. It is now like
this:

[root@ruby dev]# ls -l sg2
lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           36 Feb 10 13:45 /dev/sg2 ->
scsi/host0/bus0/target5/lun1/generic

[root@ruby lun1]# ls -l
total 0
crw-rw----    1 root     root      21,   2 Dec 31  1969 generic

I set mtx back to where it should be as well (as originally defaulted
after install)

[root@ruby lun1]# ls -la /sbin/mtx
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        20140 May 16  2002 /sbin/mtx*

mtx now responds correctly for user 'amanda'

[root@ruby amanda-2.4.3]# su amanda -c "mtx status"
  Storage Changer /dev/changer:1 Drives, 6 Slots ( 0 Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Storage Element 1 Loaded)
      Storage Element 1:Empty
      Storage Element 2:Full
      Storage Element 3:Full
      Storage Element 4:Full
      Storage Element 5:Full
      Storage Element 6:Full

Do you see anything weird about this or am I correct in assuming this
should be ok?