Amanda-Users

Re: another chg-zd-mtx problem

2003-02-12 12:11:26
Subject: Re: another chg-zd-mtx problem
From: Eric Sproul <esproul AT ntelos DOT net>
To: Pete Poggione <ppoggione AT ebsllc DOT com>
Date: 12 Feb 2003 10:27:23 -0500
On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 09:58, Pete Poggione wrote:
> If I change the group of /dev/sg2 to disk (the amanda group on my box is
> 'disk') I still get the same problem:
>
> [root@ruby daily-net]# ls -la /dev/sg2
> lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     disk           36 Feb 10 13:45 /dev/sg2 ->
> scsi/host0/

Pete,
Could you list the entry for the target of this link?  I'm not sure the
link's permissions matter, as they would only affect who could reference
the link itself, with final access granted by the permissions of the
target.

AFAIK, the target will need rw by group 'disk' in order for AMANDA to
control the changer.

Cheers,
Eric