Amanda-Users

Re: question

2003-02-06 13:59:35
Subject: Re: question
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: David.Lee AT arvatousa DOT com
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:19:30 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 at 12:26pm, David.Lee AT arvatousa DOT com wrote

> My tape server has a tape driver with a single slot.
> I use the tape driver to backup several client hosts.
> I have two questions after tests:
> 1. Why 'amdump' doesn't ask to change tape when a tape is full?

Amanda can't span tapes with a single DLE.  If you want to use more than
one tape per amdump, you'll need to define a changer.  With your setup,
you can use chg-manual, and amdump will prompt you for a new tape.  You
must also set runtapes > 1.

> 2. How let  'amdump' to override the previous backup?
>     For example, when I ran 'amadmin DailySet1 find cat /boot', I saw
> multiple
>     "cat /boot" in  VOL0001. I really want the latest.

I don't understand what you mean by override.  If you have multiple
entries for a single DLE on one tape (I think that's what your example is
trying to say), then that must be the result of an amflush.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering