Amanda-Users

Re: not secure port

2002-12-20 19:18:54
Subject: Re: not secure port
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:44:57 -0500
On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 03:52:03PM -0500, KEVIN ZEMBOWER wrote:
> Steve, I had this exact problem. The problem is that the way NAT is done is
> to choose an arbitrary port number and associate it with an IP inside the
> NAT.
>
> Search the archive of this list for "Amanda through translated addresses"
> where Pedro Caria shared with me a patch to remove the port check from
> amanda. This could work, but I never tried it. I just gave up and created two
> separate backup systems.
>
> Search also for "Amanda and firewall" This was another thread that I started
> in which folks gave useful suggestions.

> ERROR: svr3: [host netopia-external-ip.domain.com : port 64559 not secure]

I seem to recall, though never experienced it, that if root tries to access the
port
rather than the expected amanda user, the same message is generated.

I'm sure someone will correct me if my memory is failing. :)

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)