Amanda-Users

Re: not secure port

2002-12-16 10:52:22
Subject: Re: not secure port
From: John Dalbec <jpdalbec AT ysu DOT edu>
To: Steve Bertrand <iaccounts AT northnetworks DOT ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:48:59 -0500
Steve Bertrand wrote:
Hi there. I have a problem for which I have done research on using google, mailing lists and other resourses, but have gotten no definitive answer to date. If someone could help me I would be ever greatful.

I have amanda set up on FreeBSD, which was working great behind a Linksys NAT gateway, pulling backups from several locations on the Internet. I have since relocated my amanda box to a different physical location, and it is now behind a Netopia nat gateway. The internal IP address of the box has changed, as well as the external IP of the nat gateway. I have updated .amandahosts on all machines accordingly, but now I get the following on all of my remote machines I am backing up:

ERROR: svr3: [host netopia-external-ip.domain.com : port 64559 not secure]

The ideal solution would be to configure the NAT gateway to map secure ports (< 1024) to secure ports. You might consult Linksys to determine whether this is possible.
John Dalbec

I rebuilt amanda with the following:

--with-tcpports=1500,2000
--with-udpports=800,900