Amanda-Users

Re: chg-scsi linu

2002-12-17 14:09:22
Subject: Re: chg-scsi linu
From: Axel Haenssen <axel AT princeton DOT edu>
To: Aaron Brown <aaron AT adrcomp DOT com>
Date: 17 Dec 2002 13:37:47 -0500
Allright,
This is my /proc/scsi/scsi:

Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: ADAPTEC  Model: RAID-5           Rev: 320R
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 00
  Vendor: ADIC     Model: FastStor DLT     Rev: 0118
  Type:   Medium Changer                   ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 04 Lun: 00
  Vendor: QUANTUM  Model: DLT7000          Rev: 3213
  Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 02

So my changer is /dev/sg1 and the tapedev /dev/sg2.
if I run:
bash-2.05a$ /usr/lib/amanda/chg-scsi -info
0 5 1 0
bash-2.05a$

looks good, eh?

but if I run:
bash-2.05a$ amcheck DailySet1
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /home/amanda: 26482476 KB disk space available, that's
plenty
amcheck-server: fatal slot <error>: <error> could not read result from
"/usr/lib/amanda/chg-scsi" (got signal 11)
ERROR: new tape not found in rack
       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test

The amanda.conf file reads:
runtapes 1              # number of tapes to be used in a single run of
amdump
tpchanger "chg-scsi"    # the tape-changer glue script
tapedev "0"     # the no-rewind tape device to be used
changerfile "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/chg-scsi.conf"

And the chg-scsi.conf fiel reads:
number_configs  1
eject           0       # Tapedrives need an eject command
sleep           90      # Seconds to wait until the tape gets ready
cleanmax        100     # How many times could a cleaning tape get used
changerdev      /dev/sg1
#
# Next comes the data for drive 0
#
config          0
drivenum        0
dev             /dev/nst0
scsitapedev     /dev/sg2
startuse        0       # The slots associated with the drive 0
enduse          4       #
statfile        /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tape0-slot  # The file where the
actual slot is stored
cleancart       5       # the slot where the cleaningcartridge for drive
0 is located
cleanfile       /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tape0-clean # The file where the
cleanings are recorded
usagecount      /etc/amanda/DailySet1/totaltime
tapestatus      /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tapestatus # here will some status
infos be stored
#labelfile      /etc/amanda/DailySet1/labelfile # Use this if you have
an barcode reader

So it seems to find the changer but can't use it?????????????
cheers
Axel

--
Axel Haenssen