Amanda-Users

Re: non-amanda backup recommendations

2002-12-17 17:42:00
Subject: Re: non-amanda backup recommendations
From: Joseph Sirucka <Joseph.Sirucka AT team.telstra DOT com>
To: Matthew Boeckman <matthewb AT saepio DOT com>
Date: 18 Dec 2002 08:54:53 +1100
Hi Matthew

there is afbackup that will allow you to span tapes.

afbackup.sourceforge.net

As for support, its woeful, the mailing list is pretty dead and support
via the author is non-existant.

I am currently running  amanda alongside afbackup, till one day I figure
how afbackup works properly.

Unless for some miracle amanda allows tape spanning sometime soon,
amanda is good, but lacks the one need I think a majority of people
require tape spanning.

As for commercial, try netbackup, but be prepared to PAY!.

regards

Joseph