Amanda-Users

Re: chg-scsi linu

2002-12-17 12:40:10
Subject: Re: chg-scsi linu
From: Aaron Brown <aaron AT adrcomp DOT com>
To: Axel Haenssen <axel AT princeton DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:55:26 -0800 (PST)
/proc/scsi/scsi lists the devices in order starting with /dev/sga.

For example, my medium changer is on /dev/sgc:

aaron@machine:~$ cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 13 Lun: 00
  Vendor: QUANTUM  Model: DLT8000          Rev: 0114
  Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi2 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: QUANTUM  Model: ATLAS 10K 18WLS  Rev: UCP2
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 03
Host: scsi2 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
  Vendor: HP       Model: C7200-8000       Rev: 1520
  Type:   Medium Changer                   ANSI SCSI revision: 03
Host: scsi2 Channel: 00 Id: 12 Lun: 00
  Vendor: QUANTUM  Model: DLT8000          Rev: 0114
  Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi3 Channel: 00 Id: 11 Lun: 00
  Vendor: QUANTUM  Model: DLT8000          Rev: 0114
  Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 02

This changer expects tapedev to be a number that matches
a config line in your "changer.conf".  I had lots of problems
with generic scsi support in older kernels, but that mostly
had to do with my changer.  I finally got things working with
a 2.4.20-ac1 kernel.

The docs directory contains a file called chg-scsi.notes. (at
least the one that currently in CVS).  It helped me more than
some.

Best of luck,
 --Aaron